Version 2.0 | 03-08-2018
This policy applies to all staff and students.
Par Avion Safety Policy
Our commitment is to:
- Develop and embed a safety culture in all our aviation activities that recognises the importance and value of effective aviation safety management and acknowledges that safety is paramount;
- Clearly define for all employees their accountabilities and responsibilities to meet the Company’s safety objectives and that of our Safety Management System;
- Establish and operate hazard identification and risk management processes, including a hazard reporting system, in order to eliminate or mitigate the safety risks of the consequences of hazards resulting from our operations or activities to achieve continuous improvement in our safety performance;
- Ensure that no action will be taken against any employee who discloses a safety concern through the hazard reporting system, unless such disclosure indicates, beyond any reasonable doubt, gross negligence or a deliberate or wilful disregard of regulations or procedures;
- Comply with and, wherever possible, exceed legislative and regulatory requirements and standards;
- Ensure that all employees are provided with adequate and appropriate aviation safety information and training, are competent in safety manners and are only allocated tasks commensurate with their skills;
- Ensure that sufficient skilled and trained human resources are available to implement safety strategies and processes;
- Establish and measure our safety performance against realistic objectives;
- Achieve the highest levels of safety performance in all our aviation activities;
- Continually improve our safety performance through continuous monitoring and measurement, and regular safety reviews; and
- Ensure that the application of effective aviation safety management systems is integral to all our aviation activities, with the objective of achieving the highest levels of safety standards and performance.
- All immediate / urgent safety issues, concerns, incidents and hazards must be reported immediately to a flight instructor or a manager at Par Avion.
- Students are encouraged to report safety issues into our Safety Management System (SMS) using the reporting form available through the student portal.