There is a good range of nearby student accommodation for short and longer stays – see the options below. Please go through the options and pursue the option/s which best suit you.
Availability of any option cannot be guaranteed and demand for accommodation in Hobart is high at present. We recommend you pre-organise accommodation as far in advance of your course commencement date as possible.
Preferred accommodation providers
TasTAFE Accommodation Services
Student accommodation is available at TasTAFE Accommodation Services at the TasTAFE Clarence Campus, which is a 7 minute drive from our location. This is comfortable and convenient motel-style unit accommodation at an affordable price for short and long term stays. Find out more about TasTAFE accommodation...
Hobart Airport Tourist Park
Cabin accommodation is available within 800 metres of our location at Hobart Airport Tourist Park. The self-contained cabins are modern, comfortable and well-appointed. Towels and linen are provided and the cabins are serviced weekly. The park has easy access to Hobart Airport, local stores, Cambridge Aerodrome and bus services nearby. This option is ideal for stays of a week to three months. The cabins are 2 bedroom with 3 beds and pricing below is on the basis of 3 students sharing at-a-time. Students are welcome to organise their own groups and book or individual students can send us an email to request to be added to a shared cabin – subject to availability (please specify the dates you require).
- 20 Dec to 30 April – $50 per person, per night (shared)
- 1 May t0 19 Dec – $37 per person, per night (shared)
- 1 night deposit required to book and cancellation conditions apply
- All fees are payable by students directly to Hobart Airport Tourist Park, not through Par Avion.
Single-rooms in shared accommodation
- Easy Room Mate https://au.easyroommate.com/
- Hobart Share Accommodation https://flatmates.com.au/hobart
- Home Stay Network https://www.homestaynetwork.org/hobart-pricing/
Shared accommodation with other students
Some student organise their own share accommodation with other Par Avion Flight Training students and this has worked well for students in the past. To express your interest, please send us an email (once you have applied for your course) with the subject ‘Expression of interest – share accommodation’ and we will add your contact details to a shared contact list. Those on the list can then communicate further among themselves to organise share accommodation. Please indicate in your email whether you will use your own transport or public transport.
Advice on rental accommodation
If you are looking to rent your own accommodation, we recommend you look in the following suburbs (in order of proximity to us):
- Cambridge *
- Mornington *
- Warrane *
- Bellerive *
- Rosny *
- Lindisfarne *
- Seven Mile Beach
- Lauderdale / Acton
- Midway Point
* We may (subject to demand and approval) be able to extend our daily bus service to/from Cambridge Aerodrome to students in these suburbs.
All the suburbs listed above have regular public bus services to/from Hobart City and other major centres such as Rosny.
Recommended rental sites to check:
- Allhomes https://www.allhomes.com.au/browse-rent/greater-hobart-tas/
- RealEstate https://www.realestate.com.au/rent/property-unit+apartment-in-hobart,+tas+7000/list-1
- Gumtree https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-short-term/hobart/c18295l3000211
- Nestoria https://www.nestoria.com.au/hobart/real-estate-properties/rental
Short-term accommodation options
These providers are all close-by our location at Cambridge Aerodrome:
- Travelodge Hotel Hobart Airport (<1 km)
- Hobart Airport Tourist Park (1 km)
- Seven Mile Beach Cabin Park (2 kms)
- Barrilla Holiday Park (2 kms)
Please contact them directly for pricing, availability and bookings.
It is up to each student to secure and manage their own accommodation, however if you are having significant difficulty finding suitable accommodation, please contact us for assistance.