Protection of student information
The protection of your personal information is an important aspect of our operations. We ensure that your personal information will not be used or disclosed to other individuals, entities, institutions and authorities except if required or allowed by law.
We may disclose and discuss personal information about a student under the age of 18 years with their parent/guardian as appropriate.
We take all reasonable steps to ensure that offline and online electronic information and physical records are securely stored and only accessible by appropriate members of our staff.
Collection of student information in forms and databases
Information is collected in forms and electronic databases during your enrolment in order to meet our obligations:
- under the ESOS Act and the National Code 2007; to ensure student compliance with the conditions of their visas and their obligations under Australian immigration laws generally. The authority to collect this information is contained in the Education Services for Overseas Students Act 2000, the Education Services for Overseas Students Regulations 2001 and the National Code of Practice for Registration Authorities and Providers of Education and Training to Overseas Students 2007
- in certain circumstances, to the Australian Government and designated authorities, Tasmanian Government and designated authorities, the Tuition Assurance Scheme and the ESOS Assurance Fund Manager
- in any other instances where authorised or required by law
Privacy Notice – National VET data
Under the Data Provision Requirements 2012, Par-Avion Flight Training is required to collect personal information about you and to disclose that personal information to the National Centre for Vocational Education Research Ltd (NCVER). Your personal information (including the personal information contained on this enrolment form and your training activity data) may be used or disclosed by us for statistical, regulatory and research purposes. We may disclose your personal information for these purposes to third parties, including:
- School – if you are a secondary student undertaking VET, including a school-based apprenticeship or traineeship;
- Employer – if you are enrolled in training paid by your employer;
- Commonwealth and State or Territory government departments and authorised agencies;
- Organisations conducting student surveys; and
Personal information disclosed to NCVER may be used or disclosed for the following purposes:
- Issuing a VET Statement of Attainment or VET Qualification, and populating Authenticated VET Transcripts;
- facilitating statistics and research relating to education, including surveys;
- understanding how the VET market operates, for policy, workforce planning and consumer information; and
- administering VET, including program administration, regulation, monitoring and evaluation.
You may receive an NCVER student survey which may be administered by an NCVER employee, agent or third party contractor. You may opt out of the survey at the time of being contacted.
NCVER will collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information in accordance with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth), the VET Data Policy and all NCVER policies and protocols (including those published on NCVER’s website at www.ncver.edu.au).
Other student information
We may collect student feedback and opinion and when doing so will clearly indicate if the information is to be de-identified or identified, aggregated or disaggregated, how it will be used, and if/how it will be reported.
Images and video
Each student who enrols in a course with us accepts, by default, that we have permission to use images and video recordings of them in our marketing materials and social media posts. An individual student may withdraw this permission to us in writing by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We collect non-personal information to gather statistical information on how our websites are used.
We collect personal information to provide ongoing marketing and news to interested parties. Users are provided with the option to receive or not receive this information at the point where the personal information is collected. Users may opt-out of receiving this information at any time by sending an email notice to email@example.com.
Please contact us if you require further information or have any concerns about the privacy or security of your information held with us.