Version 1.4 | 28-09-2023
We may cancel your enrolment before you commence your course with us if:
- you have not met a condition of your enrolment;
- one or more of the conditions for declining an enrolment at the student entry stage are applicable;
- you do not meet one or more of the entry requirements for a course; and/or
- you do not meet the requirements to satisfy the conditions of the payment option that you selected.
We may take action to cancel your enrolment during a course if:
- it later becomes evident (after your commencement in the course) that you:
- had not met a condition of your enrolment; and/or
- have since become unable to maintain a condition of enrolment; and/or
- provided false, dishonest or misleading information to us in your application or during entry selection activities;
- you do not maintain reasonable progress in your course;
- you do not maintain attendance to our standards;
- you fail to pay your fees as required;
- you do not maintain your obligations under the terms and conditions of the payment option that you selected, including those as a student under a VET Student Loan (where applicable);
- you breach a condition of your visa (overseas students only); and/or
- you engage in serious misconduct or sustained misconduct in breach of our Code of Conduct.
- You have deferred your study, but you have not resumed study within the time allowed for deferrals.
- You did not complete all of the course requirements (to be awarded the course or qualification) within the duration timeframe of your course, and:
- a period of three months has elapsed from the published end-date of your course; and/or
- you have not responded to written communication/s from us about your continuation of study.
- You have not attended your course for a period of two continuous weeks or more and have not provided written notice and reasons for your non-attendance.
If we intend to cancel your enrolment before you commence your course, we will inform you of this decision in writing as soon as practicable prior to commencement of the course.
If we intend to cancel your enrolment after you commence your course, we will:
- inform you of our decision to cancel your enrolment in writing as soon as practicable, including:
- the reasons for our decision to cancel your enrolment;
- a specified number of calendar days before the cancellation is to take effect, which will be no less than 28 calendar days from the date of the notice;
- the circumstances in which fees for the course, or the part of the course concerned will, or will not be refunded (if applicable); and
- information about your rights to use our complaints and appeals procedures.
- permit you to use our complaints and appeals procedures before the cancellation is to take effect, and if those procedures are initiated by you, the cancellation will not take effect until those procedures are fully exhausted.
- advise you if we have also decided to suspend your study privileges and/or access to our facilities until the cancellation is to take effect. We may deem this to be necessary if the decision to cancel your enrolment is due to serious misconduct by you and/or if we have any other serious concern/s about your fitness or suitability to continue with study.
If your enrolment is automatically cancelled, we will inform you of the cancellation in writing at the time the cancellation comes into effect.