How RPL works
Version 1.0 | 20-06-2018
This information applies to all students enrolled in (or applying for) our tertiary / VET courses
STAGE ONE – APPLICATION
The applicant gathers evidence to support their application and lodges an application for RPL using the prescribed form.
STAGE TWO – ASSESSMENT
One of our qualified assessors will undertake an initial assessment of the evidence provided and make a judgment as to whether:
- RPL can be granted directly; or
- further evidence is required, or
- a learning and assessment pathway to achieving competence is required.
The assessment stage may involve specific assessment tasks that you are to participate in and complete. These tasks provide further evidence to support your RPL application. Tasks may include (but are not limited to):
- a specific assessment task, such as a flight test or written test
- a competency interview
- an observation of your performance undertaking specified tasks.
STAGE THREE – ASSESSMENT OUTCOME
At the conclusion of the process we will provide you with:
- a copy of the RPL application form – as completed by you and the assessor
- a Statement of Attainment for any unit/s you have attained by RPL
- A Qualification Testamur for any qualification you have attained though RPL