Selection criteria for entry to commercial pilot courses
Version 1.0 | 12-01-2018
We use the following selection criteria to assess applicants for entry into our commercial pilot (CPL) courses. This includes the CPL licence course and the AVI50215 diploma course.
If your application to a course is accepted, we will then provide a range of selection activities for you to participate in. These activities enable you to demonstrate your suitability for entry into a course.
- Demonstrated record of educational achievement and/or a strong motivation and ability to study and learn
- Personal expectations of the course and a career in aviation that are clear and reasonable
- A level of personal stability and maturity appropriate to full-time aviation study and working effectively in an aviation environment
- Personal capabilities supportive of being a pilot in command and working effectively in an aviation environment
- Demonstrated general communication skills appropriate to full-time aviation study and working effectively in an aviation environment
- Ability to manage problems positively and make effective decisions
- Ability to process multiple cognitive inputs and make effective decisions
- General ability to use and/or to learn to use technical and mechanical equipment
- Able to meet all CASA Class 1 aviation medical requirements