Commercial Pilot Licence (CPL) Integrated Course
Commercial Pilot Licence - integrated course
Become a confident, skilled and job-ready pilot
The Commercial Pilot Licence (CPL) can open doors to many opportunities across aviation. It enables you to fly as the pilot in command of a single engine aircraft, or as the co-pilot of a multi-crew aircraft conducting commercial operations within Australia.
This 150 hour integrated course provides the pathway to gaining a CASA CPL, but without a corresponding tertiary/VET qualification (such as a Diploma-CPL).
This course is ideal for students needing greater flexibility with full-time or part-time study. The course can be taken over 38 weeks full-time, or spread out part-time for up to 3 years.
On successful completion of the full course, students will attain:
- a Private Pilot Licence (PPL) issued by the Civil Aviation Safety Authority (CASA), and
- a Commercial Pilot Licence (CPL) issued by CASA.
The flight training is conducted in single-engine aircraft. There are two main phases:
- from commencement up to the PPL flight test, with approximately 60 hours of dual and solo flying to this point
- up to the CPL flight test, with a minimum 150 hours dual and solo flying to this point.
The course is a blend of theoretical, practical and self-guided learning, including:
- participating in flight training in aircraft and simulators (including some flying on weekends and at night)
- attending pre and post-flight briefings
- undertaking guided self-study and assessment preparation
- taking theory exams (see next section)
The course is primarily in-person (face-to-face) learning with an instructor. Our instructors take the time to understand the individual learning needs of students and assist with individualised instruction, support and flexibility to meet their learning needs and personal circumstances.
Much of the course content is available online and in printed study guides to support student self-study.
There are seven theory subjects to complete for the CPL, each based on topics already encountered during the PPL. The study for each subject is undertaken as self paced learning with learning support and supervision from our instructors.
A key difference between this course and our AVI50215 Diploma in Aviation – Commercial Pilot Licence is this course does not include timetabled theory classes. This course is therefore best suited to students who:
- want to learn at a time and pace that best suits them
- are confident to study for theory exams in their own time and do not wish to attend theory classes
- wish to attain the CASA rating, but not a corresponding vocational education qualification.
To attain the CPL, you will need to :
- pass a PPL theory exam and a PPL flight test
- pass 7 x CPL theory exams and a CPL flight test
- meet the minimum aeronautical experience requirements of 150 hours, which must be conducted using general aviation ‘VH’ registered aircraft. (Flying hours in sport category aircraft such as gliders, ultralights etc. are not applicable.)
This course is offered:
- as a full-time intensive up to 38 weeks, with five days participation per week (includes your own self-study time); or
- part time at a pace that suits your availability and budget – for up to a 3 year duration.
The amount of training actually required can be influenced by a student’s existing skills and knowledge and the Chief Flying Instructor (or a delegated instructor) will provide appropriate information and study advice on an individual basis.
- Flight Training including up to 1:
- 119 Hours – Cessna 172
- 29 Hours – Cessna 206
- 5 Hours – Simulator
- Pre and post-flight briefings
- Instructor supervision and guidance
- Landing fees
- Study materials and guides
- Pilot navigation equipment
- CASA license and testing fees 1
TUITION FEES $69,695.00 1 (2022)
OTHER EXTERNAL FEES approx. $2690.00 – covers charts and aeronautical documents, 1 x PPL theory exam, 7 x CPL theory exams, ASIC, aviation medical examination. (GST included where relevant)
- 2 x PPL navigation exercise to mainland approx. $250.00 (each)
- 1 x CPL navigation exercise to mainland approx. $500.00
- headset $500.00
- pilot uniform set $350.00.
This course does not attract GST and GST is not included.
To apply for the course you must be at least 18 years of age.
To commence the course you must:
- obtain an Aviation Reference Number (ARN)
- obtain a Class 1 Aviation Medical
- obtain an Aviation Security Identity Card (ASIC)
If you already have a Private Pilot License (PPL) with flying experience spread over a number of years, we suggest you enrol in the CPL Upgrade course. We will take account of the hours and experience you have already attained and create a customised training plan to prepare you for the CPL flight test.
A further option is to attain the CPL through the AVI50219 Diploma in Aviation – Commercial Pilot Licence course. This has the added benefit of structured study and theory classes, a nationally recognised diploma qualification outcome, and it is GST exempt and approved for VET Student Loans.
1 Indicative fees are based on average requirements for attainment. Where a student requires additional flying time, or more that one attempt at a theory test or flight test to achieve the required standard, additional fees will apply. Fees are subject to change.
Take the next step
You can begin your application for this course today. It’s quick, easy and our online system will guide you through the steps.
You’re welcome to contact us – we are happy to answer your questions.
If you’re not ready to apply yet, register your interest with us to receive updates about the course.
Why study here?
Find out why Par Avion Flight Training is recognised as a premium flight school and the unique benefits we offer.